“We often forget that we are nature. Nature is not something separate from us. So when we say that we have lost our connection to nature, we’ve lost our connection to ourselves.” Andy Goldsworthy sculptor and photographer.
There is an ever-growing evidence-base demonstrating the positive therapeutic effects of nature, landscapes and gardening on our health.
Grow Places harnesses these positive effects to improve individuals' physical and mental health, while promoting social inclusion and helping to design, construct and maintain private, care home, hospital and community gardens.
Our social mission:
- To create high quality accessible outdoor spaces in consultation with those who will use them.
- To help more people enjoy the social and health benefits of gardening.
- To encourage people to get out into nature more.
- To offer a friendly, welcoming and fun environment.
- To identify and support pathways to volunteering and employment in landscape design, gardening and horticulture.
Thanks to the following for their patronage, help and support, past and present:
FRIENDS OF FULBOURN HOSPITAL & COMMUNITY