There is a large and growing evidence-base demonstrating the positive therapeutic effects of nature, landscapes and gardening on our health. Grow Places harnesses these therapeutic powers to improve individuals' physical and mental health, while promoting social inclusion and helping to design, construct and maintain private, care home, hospital and community gardens.
Our social mission:
- To help more people enjoy the social and health benefits of gardening.
- To encourage people to get out into nature more.
- To offer a friendly, welcoming and fun environment.
- To support community gardening through a range of means.
- To identify and support pathways to volunteering and employment in landscape design, gardening and horticulture.
Time Credits - earn while you volunteer
Did you know that if you volunteer with Grow Places you can earn Time Credits? For each hour that you give, you earn one Time Credit. These credits can then be spent on an hour's activity, help from another individual , or gifted to others. For full details on where to redeem click here (Opens in new window).
Like us on Facebook!
Thanks to the following for their patronage, help and support:
FRIENDS OF FULBOURN HOSPITAL & COMMUNITY